Sunday 31 July 2011

Cornwall - 30th July 2011

I just spent a lovely weekend down in Cornwall but with great weather family duties were the order of the day although I did manage to sneak out early Saturday morning to a mark on the Lizard for a couple of hours.

I arrived just as it was getting light, clipped on my new patchinko (see below post) and chucked it out. This plug really flies for such a light lure, I was useing my ESG 3-23g rod, not the best for casting hard plastic but with a light NW behind me it went a surprisingly good distance. Second cast, and just started working the lure when the rod bent round and soon had this schooly on the beach....(sorry about these early morning photos, my camera's flash has broken, time for new camera soon I think).



Its always nice to get off the mark quickly on a session (and on a new lure) and the next cast got some interest but no firm takes. Then for some unfathomable reason, I decided to move on from the beach and onto the rocks a few hundred yards to right (lesson learnt, dont move away from the fish!!). Anyway onto the rocks and no further activity for an hour or so before I hooked into what I thought was a decent fish (on a sardine Tide Minnow) but turned out to be another schooly foul hooked in the tail, they really go when they are hooked like that! This one made a cunning escape though, I popped it into a small rock pool while I dug out the camera and comtemplated an artistic "in water" shot, when a wave surged in and flooded the pool and off he went... Then a couple of casts later lost another small fish and that was it, and too soon it was time to pack up a resume family life.

Still, as ever it was great to fish the stunning Cornish coastline and with a nice forecast this week, may try and sneak out Tuesday evening for a quick sess somewhere....


No comments:

Post a Comment