Monday 18 July 2011

A sunday afternoon quickie - 10th July 2011

Went down to Dorset yesterday eve, the plan was to fish Chesil, so I stopped off at Abbottsbury to check out the conditions and found the water full of weed, I thought this may be the case so plan B was the Portland area...45 minutes (at around 6pm) later I arrived at my chosen spot.

It was bright sunny evening with a fresh SW wind. The tide was ebbing away with LW around due around 8pm

I started off with a mackerel (1st cast I think) and then had two small bass pretty quickly, both on Feed Shallows. Over the course of the next hour I then managed to lose another three with one being half decent. This is starting to frustrate me now, over the last year I must have lost nearly 50% of fish that I have hooked, I'm really not sure if my Rod Bar is not a little too stiff and is the cause of some of this (it's obviously not bad angling!) so it's maybe time to consider something just a little softer.


No comments:

Post a Comment