Monday 18 July 2011

Time & tide......

This year I've been keeping a record of every bass I catch, including the time of day, state of tide and the day of cycle within the moon phase, whilst it's early days and I hardly have extensive catch data, some early patterns are beginning to emerge....

Now if I were to ask you to picture your perfect mark, with perfect conditions and perfect tides, I'd guess there is a good chance that you'd be picturing a shallow rock mark, with a flooding tides starting to creep in and fill the gullys, with the bass following in close behind. I know that's what I'd think of.
However, for me a least the truth is starting to look a little different. The graph below shows the state of tide when I have caught all my lure caught fish.


This shows, that my bass are all coming over the HW period, and on the ebb tides down to low. I think this is statistically significant as I spend at least 50% of my time fishing the flood, so I can't just put it down to when I fish.
This is definately food for thought, and showing me the value of keeping the data I do. I know now to try something different (or somewhere different!) on the flood tides.......

No comments:

Post a Comment