Thursday 4 August 2011

On Tuesday I blanked,......

So I bought myself a new reel to cheer myself up!
Lets deal with the blank first, I fished E Devon Tuesday evening between 6 & 10pm…no takes and just a follow from a tiny basslet being the nearest I got to a fish. I’m a bit disappointed by this, I fished this mark a few times early this season for just a few wrasse but I put the lack of bass down to the time of year (late March / Early April) and resolved to come back on a nice warm summer evening with a flooding tide…..so much for that theory then and another failure for me on the flood….I’m really starting to prefer fishing the ebb tides now!
Anyway over to the reel, a Shimano Rarenium 4000, personally I think Shimano fixed spools in 4000 size rule the roost when it comes to lure fishing, at whatever price point you choose to go in at. I’ve wanted one of these for a while now, this is a slight upgrade on my Technium and pretty common fare across the UK plugging scene. Everyone seems to have one!
I’ll do a review at some point when I’ve abused it for a while but I don’t expect many negatives.


Whilst I was in the shop I also picked up this, a Duo Terriff DC90, in keeping with my current small lure fad, if anyone has used one of these I’d be interested on your views on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment