Saturday 6 August 2011

Dorset - 6th August

I had a horrendously early start this morning, and arrived at my mark at around 04:15. Conditions were lovely with a light W wind and cloud cover holding back the day break...I started off working surface lures and it felt like I had a couple of enquiries (it was too dark to see!) but no real positive takes so I switched over to a Komomo II in Joker Flashing Plate. I love this lure but until this point it was my favorate lure never to have a caught bass, but second cast changed that and I was in.....



This put up a really good fight for its size (around 3lb). I was using my 3-23g rated ESG II today, far more sporting that the Rod Bar!

As it got lighter I went back to the surface, with the Patchinko 100 which small pollack immediately took a liking to and I had half a dozen over the next hour and loads more "hits" before finally getting another bass, a smaller fish this time.....



He needed some recovery time so it was into a rockpool to get over its ordeal!



After this the fishing died off, as tends to after LW here, so after a couple of fruitless hours I decided to switch tactics and try for a wrasse...sure enough the Xlayer soon did what Xlayers do and out came this pretty fish....



I had one more of these and a half decent pollack (2lb ish) on a weightless senko before calling it a day and heading home.

1st impressions on the Rarenium? Really nice reel, I'm very pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment